The Timmins Economic Development Corporation is seeking a Full-time Director of Community Economic Development
The new team member will provide assistance to the Timmins Economic Development Corporation (TEDC) and offer both leadership and expertise in the implementation of community economic development strategies. An action and results oriented individual is needed to directly contribute to the team. Activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with government agencies, not-for-profits, community associations, and local/regional stakeholders to help coordinate, initiate and develop and/or manage complex projects;
- Prepare and manage funding proposals on behalf of the community, clients and partners;
- Create and implement new economic development opportunities for the community;
- Mentor other Community Economic Development staff members, clients and stakeholders.
- A degree in Business, Economic Development, Planning or Public Administration or a similar type of degree program;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior role in an economic/community development organization, and at least 2 years’ experience working on medium to large scale community development projects, and at least 1 year of supervisory experience;
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same;
- Demonstrate measurable results and personal performance in the economic development field;
- Understand government funding mechanisms that assist communities and clients;
- Perform at a high level in a changing or ambiguous environment;
- Superior communication, research and analytical skills;
- Detailed knowledge of the city, local and regional stakeholders.
Submit your resume, including details of your qualifications to the City of Timmins Human Resources Department by the closing date of April 12th, 2015.
220 Algonquin Boulevard East
Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
236 Algonquin Boulevard East
Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER