Monday, February 26, 2018
Last month, the City of Timmins made its pitch to Noront Resources to locate the Ring of Fire Ferrochrome Production Facility (FPF) in Timmins. “Our proposal was made much stronger by support, ideas and contributions from businesses, organizations, residents and surrounding communities. That helped us present a really compelling case for the Metsite as the best location for Noront,” said Mayor Steven Black.
On behalf of the City of Timmins and our proposal partners, the TEDC would like to express its sincere thanks to everyone who helped out during the bid process, with special thanks to:
- Glencore Operations, ONTC and Porcupine Engineering Services for their help and leadership on our proposal development team.
- Nearby cities, towns, First Nations communities and the city of North Bay for endorsing our bid.
- Dave Novak, Amanda Dyer and the staff at Rogers Radio, for spearheading the #BringtheRingtoTimmins campaign.
- Timmins Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Timmins BIA for collecting letters of support on behalf of their members.
- MPP Gilles Bisson and MP Charlie Angus for rallying behind the Timmins bid.
- Community members and retired city and Glencore staff, who provided comments and ideas about why Noront should make Timmins its home.
For more information, please contact Kelsey Luxton, Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 360-2600 x 7083.
The TEDC is the city’s non-proﬁt community economic development team. We facilitate and support economic and social activity that creates jobs, diversifies the economy and improves quality of life.